poetry in performance

Sunday 16 June 2013

Meet the members: Martin Locock


I joined the group in 2011 when I started work at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.  I have been writing poems for years but find the chance to discuss the craft in detail has made a huge difference to my writing style.

My favourite poetic form is the haiku and my favourite poet is Philip Larkin.

I moved to Wales in 1991 and live near Ammanford.  I run Carreg Ffylfan Press which has published the Poetry from Strata Florida anthology as well as my own collections, Carefully Chosen Words, Travels with a Notebook, and Removals.

I have done some research on reflective practice and run workshops for PSMW Academi Wales, and have enjoyed being poet in residence at the Wales Public Service Summer School.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment